Saturday, August 8, 2020

UNKNOWN ARTIST

Fishermen

In my last Blog I said I had discovered two Ukrainian artists whose work I found interesting.  But when I went to find some information on the second I could find nothing- not even in the native language.  But I still present some of the art of VLADIMIR KORNEV, which is unique with its almost ghostly colors, and geometric forms. It reminds me of the Art Deco period.  

For me, finding new forms of art and new artists, can give food for thought, as these differences convey how others perceive the Lord and His works. We get used to the old Masters and so get "stuck" in our moving in our own period in salvation history.

Gifts of Angels


One does not have to like the art, but it can still stir something in our hearts and move us further in our relation to the Lord, which is what good religious art should do. It just so happens I do like this artist. My favorite in Holy Family, which shows Mary and Joseph as one, as they together hold the Christ Child.

Holy Family







No comments:

Post a Comment