Friday, February 10, 2023

MORE "FAVORITE" BIRDS OF HAWAII

 


When I started doing some of the artists of the Big Island, I kept saying, "this is my favorite", only to decide that I have many " favorites".  

One is JOHN D. DAWSON, who like me is a native Californian. Born and raised in San Diego, he graduated from the Art Center School in  Los  Angeles  (now the Art Center College of Art and Design).

He worked in advertising while doing his art and fortunately for us, he moved on to art full time.`````````

Of all the artists who work on this island, he is perhaps the best known having had major assignments from the US Postal Service (for 30 years), the United Nations, Audubon, National Geographic Society  & NG Magazine, University of Hawaii, etc.``````````````

He and his wife have  lived in Hilo for over 22 years.



Pictures:
Top- 'Apapane & 'I'iwi on Lehua (flower from the Ohi'a tree- food sourse for both species)
Bottom- Pueo

Would be interesting to do a  Blog of one species and see how different artists treat the same bird. I never tire of seeing how artists render their vision of the above owl.


No comments:

Post a Comment