Friday, March 29, 2013

NON EST LEX

Ethiopian
The mystery for this day is, "there is not law".  All has been suspended with the death of Jesus. This is one of the most important of all mysteries of our Christian faith and the foundation of our Church.
.
In the Liturgy for the Adoration of the Holy Cross this day we sing a very haunting melody, with words in Latin and Greek:

My people, what have I done to you? Or how have I grieved you? Answer Me!
Because I led you out of the land of Egypt, you have prepared a Cross for your Savior.
                  Hagios o Theos ( Holy is God).
                              Hagios Ischyros (Holy and Mighty).
                                                                              Hagios Athanatos, eleison himas (Holy and Immortal                                                                                                    One, have mercy on us).

Egyptian
Nepalese
Rudolph V. Bostic- USA

The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt - a covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No longer shall they teach one another, or say to each other, “Know the Lord,” for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more.    (Jeremiah 31:27-34)
                                   
S. Watanabe- Japan
A. Mropa- Africa

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete